Thursday, February 17, 2011

Allie + Ben

During the last few months in Rexburg, I was back on campus taking the few classes I needed to finish my degree. Tanner was also finishing his last semester and it was fun to be on campus together. He was working in an advising office which was right across from a bunch of my afternoon classes. This made it convenient for me to bring him lunch on occasion. When I was feeling domestic and had time (a combination that did not occur as often as you might like to believe) I would bring him a little homemade lunch: leftovers, a sandwich, etc. More often, in fact pretty much every time, I would bring something cheap, cooked in grease, and high in calories: fast food. About two weeks into the semester I noticed one of Tanner's coworkers also eating food brought by a girl. Though his was always homemade. Always. I was insanely impressed by this girl who brought her boy lunch from her kitchen everyday. I knew she must really love him. I watched throughout the semester as their interactions over a shared sandwich got more and more telling.  All those made-with-love lunches got Allie a fiance at the end of the semester. I know that Allie will probably make Ben a homemade lunch every day she can for the rest of their lives. That is what true love is all about after all, isn't it?


Leave some love!

3 comments:

Ashley Marx said...

these are BEAUTIFUL. you rock.

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful!

Pictionarist said...

Great job keeping the cold temperature of the photos in tune with the cold temperature of the setting, while still keeping the couple's warmth!
Leon, Islamabad. Do you do onsite photoshoots?